Besides various bug fixes and making sure Fuse Fabric is much more stable. There are two major change in this version update:
- New Tooling in JBoss Developer Studio (JBDS) 9.1 GA.
- Newer Apache Camel version – Camel v2.17.
And If you notice from the above video, the presentation of camel route in JBDS has also updated. It fixed some of the miss representation of logic and making it easier to read.
Old Camel Route
New Camel Route
On the right hand side, there are more components added to the component palette.
In this new GA version, it has supported couple of new connectors,
- ServiceNow offers everything-as-a-service cloud computing, Camel provides access to all of ServiceNow REST API. You can manage and automate your IT service with Fuse.
- Apache Kafka is publish-subscribe distributed messaging broker, a very popular messaging alternative, with Fuse's new component can now listen and put data into Kafka.
- Apache Spark is an cluster computing framework, provides programmers with a centered application programming interface.And a read-only multiset of data items distributed over a cluster of machines, and maintained in a fault-tolerant way. To integrate with Spark, Fuse provide a bridge between Camel connectors and Spark tasks, and dynamically choose a task to execute.
- Eclipse Paho project provides open-source client implementations of MQTT messaging protocols, this connector integrate to this client using the Eclipse Paho library.
- Slack is a cloud-based team collaboration tool, it's has IRC-like features, persistent chat rooms (channels) organized by topic, private groups and direct messaging. The connector allows you to connect to an instance of Slack and delivers a message contained in the message body via a pre established Slack incoming webhook.
- Kubernetes is implemented as container cluster manager, provides mechanisms for deploying, maintaining, and scaling applications on Docker. This connector allow you to interact with Kubernetes operation, and use it to manage and integrate with your containers.
- PDF Documents
- This components provides the ability to create, modify or extract content from PDF documents. This component uses Apache PDFBox as underlying library to work with PDF documents.
Also with mentioning is the addition of swagger-java module, with the REST DSL in Camel, we will now be able to build a complete, flexible API-Based application with Camel being the API connector base technology. Using swagger-java module to automatic generate the documentation.
Take a look and play with the new Fuse 6.3!